We are a leading Data Science company with a focus on algorithmic trading in the financial markets. We hire exceptional talent in the fields of Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science to help build and develop our sophisticated computing and research platform. We’re a meritocratic, non-hierarchical community of self-starters with a hunger for new ideas and healthy debate, our culture celebrates innovative thinking and challenging of the status quo. We have offices in Norway, United Kingdom and the US.
Trading Analyst, Oslo
Abelee is growing quickly and looking for Trading Analysts to join our team in Oslo. This is an entry level role open to recent University graduates or applicants with 1-2 years prior experience in a quantitative role.
We offer a unique opportunity to gain in-depth exposure to the field of quantitative finance. You will be analysing and operating cutting-edge proprietary trading systems, while being trained by Abelee’s best quants and developers. You will build the software development skills and market insights needed for your success as a career quant. Ideal candidates are dynamic, quick-thinking self-starters who have a real passion for the markets and a strong desire to be successful.
What you will do
- Ensure smooth day to day running of the trading business
- Perform analysis using tools such a python to understand the Profit & Loss impact of different clients/business lines
- Interact with Sales to modify client pricing to improve Profit & Loss and customer satisfaction
- Perform ad-hoc analytical tasks in conjunction with the quant team
- Master’s degree in quantitative fields such as mathematics, physics, statistics, electrical engineering, computer science, economics or operation research or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in probability & statistics (e.g. time-series analysis, machine learning, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Hands on programming experience in scripting (e.g. Python), analytical packages (e.g. R, Matlab) and/or compiled languages (e.g. Java/C++)
- An ability to communicate advanced concepts in a concise and logical way
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Clear, concise, proactive communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness, and a cooperative can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and with ability to work with minimal supervision
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a pension plan, insurance and more.
- Challenging tasks and highly motivated colleagues.
- New challenges and professional growth in start-up backed by Aker ASA.
- Brand new office centrally located. With a fitness room, wardrobe, cycle garage and maintenance, breakfast and lunch served by Restaurant Haakon.
We value diversity of thought, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and we’re looking for those who have innovative ideas, entrepreneurial qualities, and enjoy tackling new challenges and solving intellectual problems.
Please submit your application with CV and cover letter (max. 1 page) to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 31 July 2021 and reviewed on a continuing basis.